Friday, July 1, 2011

The Thing about Colored Jeans

I guess they are 'fashionable' and 'in.' Yes, they are flying out the racks of every single department store that sells them. Especially the most popular of them all, the colored jeans of JBrand:

Personally I think this is ridiculous.

But for some reason... I'm so turned off from them. They just look... awful. I mean the blue one is still alright, but the other two... No. Just no. I love to follow trends, especially the cargo/harem pant trend that's going on right now. Yet I feel that wearing such bright jewel tones (at least pants-wise) is just so... unflattering. So what do colored jeans remind me of? This:
Might Morphin' Power Rangers... They wear the jeans!
I'm not going to walk around feeling like I'm the long lost 6th member of this monster-fighting group. I'll stick my jewel tones on my blouses, dresses, and accessories thank you. 

Now this is wearable.
Advice for those who still want to wear the jeans

Although I might hold disdain for this trend. It can look good. But the main tip here is to match the bright colored jean with a neutral shade.


A                        B                           C
Here are some examples:















A) Rachel Bilson has the concept, just not the right shirt. Block off the colored jean with a white shirt to create some nice contrast and color blocking.
B) Rihanna tried mixing two trends together. Which in my book is not a big plus. Although I love pushing the boundaries of daily fashions, animal prints and colored jeans do not mix. Try geometric prints (black and white, or some neutral colors) with the colored jeans to add playfulness.
C) Best example so far. Fergie (I assume that's her) has it all right. Black shirt (neutral shirt) with the high waisted colored jean with black heels to match. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment